Sunday, September 23, 2018

How to make a Sonoff TH16 into a Dry Contact


I was asked about making a Sonoff TH16 into a Dry Contact.  This is what I came up with after looking at the schematics.  I HAVEN'T TRIED THIS MYSELF!  I think it'll work though.  As always, do at your own risk!

1. Use a Dremel to etch around the pin on the relay switch so that when the relay is energized we don't have power go the the L1 out terminal.  Make sure you still leave a sliver to transmit power around the etch.

2. Run a line to the "G" terminals.  This will make it so that this switch no longer has a ground but you probably don't need one if you just need this to be a dry contact.

3. Use the L1 out and the G terminals as your dry contact terminals.

4. Let me know if it works!



No comments:

Post a Comment